Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day


Yesterday was the lovely holiday called Valentine's Day. Some people love this holiday, some people despise it, and others are just neutral. I am one of the neutral people. Back at home, my parents would make Valentine's Day into a "love for your family" day instead of having us girls (I have 4 sisters, no brothers) stress about not having that special someone. So this is why I am neutral about it. I have never had a "valentine" until this year and I don't mind it. Sometimes on Valentine's day, we would wake up in the morning to the smell of a delicious breakfast of strawberry crepes, eggs, and fruit. Then we would come home from school to find a giant, heart shaped cookie displaying the pink frosting words "I love you" on it, made specially by my mother. This is probably the best cookie I have ever eaten. Then that night, we would all go out as a family to our favorite Chinese restaurant called Tao San Jin and enjoy each others' company. This year I was a little sad because I didn't think I would get my cookie, but nope, my mom is the greatest, and she sent me a Valentine's package, complete with the cookie all safely wrapped up in pristine condition. Yesterday was a little different for me, since I have never had Valentine's without my family. My "valentine" took me up to Salt Lake for dinner to one of my favorite burrito places, Chipotle. He was a little hesitant to take me there, since it was not a nice, fancy restaurant for Valentine's Day. But I told him it was okay, because I am a neutral Valentine's Day person, and I love Chipotle.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

This was the first Valentine's Day for my wife and I after our wedding. It was a little disappointing because we were on tour for BYU Dancers' Company. Since we were in Texas, I bought her some earrings that are shaped like the state of Texas. I figured we should remember our first Valentine's Day.