Friday, January 25, 2008

Restaurants on the beach.


This August I took a little road trip to Pacifica, California (near San Francisco) with my best friend Jamie. Her aunt lives in a beach house there, so we drove up one morning, spent the night there one night, and drove back home the next night. It was quite the relaxing vacation. We drove around all day taking pictures, exploring all the different beaches in the different towns, and body boarding and enjoying the sun in our spare time. Jamie and I love to explore places together and look for good photoshoot locations, and also, good food locations. We tested out 3 different restaurants while on our trip, but one was the most memorable. This restaurant is called Miramar Beach Restaurant. It is right up next to the shore and has an amazing view! The service was great, and the food was also great. It was pretty expensive, which we weren't expecting, but considering the amazing view, we should have expected it. The portions were great, which made up for the price. Jamie and I shared some popcorn shrimp and chicken noodle soup, and it was the perfect amount for each of us. The total came out to only about $8 for each of us. So, if you love the beach, and good food (mostly seafood) like Jamie and I, then you would love this restaurant.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I live in Michigan but my grandparents live in Santa Monica, California. I love visiting them and it is my favorite place in the world. It is so nice just to spend a day at the beech and surf.

Sara said...

It must be nice to live so close to the ocean. I bet you're really missing those summery California days right about now!

Kyle said...

Seafood was a rare occurrence in my family. My mother(who is actually from California) hate seafood. And seeing as to how she did the cooking in my family, we didn't see much of that fishy treasure in my home. That is not until my uncle introduced me to shrimp cocktail. From that moment on, I have realized that I am a seafood kind of guy. If is comes from the sea, put it on my plate and I will most likely eat it.