Friday, January 11, 2008

Taqueria Salsa


I live in a town called Antioch, about 45 minutes from San Francisco. We have this Mexican restaurant that is only in Antioch, and it is the best Mexican food you will ever taste. I don't know if I'm just biased because I grew up on it, but I love it, and everyone that I take there for the first time loves it. My favorite thing there is the little bean and cheese burritos and the crunchy beef tacos. You have to get the little bean and cheese burrito though, not the big one. There is just too much bean and cheese in the big ones. The little ones have the perfect ratio of bean, cheese, and tortilla, and it tastes amazing. The tacos are also pretty small, but they are extremely good too. But the BEST thing there, by far, is the chips and salsa. The chips are freshly made every day, along with the salsa. Some days the salsa tastes extra good, and it just makes my day. Personally, I like to squeeze a little bit of lime juice onto my chips and it gives the chips and salsa that much more flavor. My family and I go to this restaurant so often that all the workers know and love us. They know us as "the chip family", because we always go back and ask for multiple baskets of chips. This place is good, and the service is great. If you ever stop by Antioch, California, you should definitely stop in to Taqueria Salsa.

3 comments:

head chef said...

Thanks Kelli, I'm always looking for recommendations to good restaurants (and I love Mexican food).

Martha said...

Mmmm... I love mexican food. That all sounds so good! Fresh salsa and chips are the BEST!

Ashley said...

Your pictures look awesome they made me so hungry haha... i love mexican food but i think i like all food :)